Saturday, 13 February 2016

To my Valentine

Photo Courtesy - Google

Day and night I thought of you

To send a message I could write

Words were jiggling in front of me

I failed to choose the ones that were right

Red roses were calling my name

Hearts of chocolates in a box and ready to eat

The scent of earth sought a place in my body

Valentine’s Day emotions turning up the heat

I opened the windows to see your flares

The wings of butterflies flapped around

Sun kissed grasses bowed in the dew

I felt your breath near me on the moist ground

I picked the verse to suit my needs

Blushing in the frame I hid in you

The wind carried the words in the air

Echoing 'I love you ' and it’s still so true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for the Falling Drops

The garden is not soil alone— It is the heart I’ve always known. Each thirsty leaf, each fragile flower, Counts fading hopes hour by hour. T...