Tuesday 24 June 2014

A Day with A Friend

Photo Courtesy- Google




I was looking forward to seeing him
My anticipation was growing inside
He was waiting for me when I arrived
We looked at each other’s eyes and smiled

A lot of stories we exchanged with a look
A hug was enough to cool the atmosphere
We walked silently to the cafe near the mall
A lot to catch up with and lots to exchange

We recalled the days when we were together
We held hands like we did before to feel the power of love
We became the children of earth who forgot our surroundings
Time won’t wait for us the way the years gave us wrinkles

I waited until he departed, on his way to his destination
I just wonder why I wrote he, when it was actually she
It doesn’t matter when we meet our old buddies
In her words the boys we studied with are our brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment