Monday 1 February 2016

The Soldier


Photo Courtesy-FB

The midnight blues will reach me soon

Heights to climb where your memories are laid

Floods of thoughts stream along in the alley

With a grin, I am glorified in the glade

 

The chats were brief but were enough

Nothing was told, we had to choose

All of a sudden you cut me off

I have to accept a warrior’s dues

 

But your absence tears me apart

Your note was so warm and sweet

In the mountains I buried your hopes

I saw the poppies; buds there to greet

 

Oh my soldier, here I am again

Holding the poppies to your thoughts

I do not know whom you are at war with

But I will wait until you have fought

 

Sun glances, reaching out to kiss you

I keep you in my thoughts to start   

The flares will bring me your stories to tell

I hold the buds near to my heart

 

 I walked downhill to hear your tales

O my dear, Happy Valentine’s Day

A tear appeared on the corner of my eye

How long I know your thoughts will play

 

A sharp blade appeared in the alley

For what he asked I shook my head

Scattered poppies all up in the air

I held the poppies in the blood that shed 

 

Dazzling bushes ushered the sun rise

I felt thirsty in the grey

My love, my Valentine, be happy wherever you are

The morning dews whispered Happy Valentine’s Day

 


No comments:

Post a Comment