Wednesday 12 August 2015

White Feathers

Photo Courtesy - Google

I heard him in the silence

The white feathers flew in the breeze

He crept in with sluggish balance

He found comfort in my neglect

My eyes followed his moves

He stepped near me for a few seconds

We exchanged glances

And I found that I was in love with him

I wanted to break the silence of sound

My hands reached out to hold him near

Drumming heartbeats made him stir

I forgot to wipe the falling drops

The wind blew on the canvas

The lights crawled inside silently

I was in a dream, as was he

The windchimes echoed everything is good

I stood up to brush away the memories

The bleeding bird gasping for his last breath

The propeller looked frozen

With cracked voice I sent him on his way

No comments:

Post a Comment