Monday, 11 January 2016

The One....

Photo Courtesy FB Share

In my eyes you were the one

In your eyes I was one of many

The fun was always there

The dreams were often lengthy

Your name was in the frame

I was rather doubtful

Talks were part of the game

But I remained thoughtful

Babblers brought the melodies

You were always in my thoughts

We moved away like enemies

I missed you when tied up in knots              

You were always just a heartbeat away

Sometimes I struggled without your presence

When I left you in the doorway

You didn’t see my regrets at your absence

I want your guidance to start again

But we’ve both changed, I’m all too aware

I tried to keep you in my chain

But I have to accept that you’re not always there

No comments:

Post a Comment

Waiting for the Falling Drops

The garden is not soil alone— It is the heart I’ve always known. Each thirsty leaf, each fragile flower, Counts fading hopes hour by hour. T...